Each Sunday, I create a card using one of my card sketches. This week's sketch is number SS034. Sketches can help to get your creativity fired up. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
Next month Alison and I will be featuring the Come Sail Away Suite of products. It was fun to play a little bit this past week with this set.
From the Come Sail Away Suite of products I used the Sailing Home cling mount stamp set, the coordinating Smooth Sailing Dies and the Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper. Tom and I took sailing lessons 25+ years ago and enjoyed lots of sailing with our kids in the summer time. So many wonderful memories were made, that is why I just knew this stamp set belonged on my shelf.
Tom's parents came to visit, and Tom was excited to take them out sailing but as you can see, the wind didn't cooperate, not a ripple on the water.
Tom (my husband) and our Son Paul even had some fun participating in some small sailboat racing.
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
Simple Stamping Steps
- Fold a piece of Whisper White Cardstock (4" x 11) in half to create the card base.
- Adhere the piece of striped designer paper (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") to the card front.
- Adhere the sailboat designer paper to a piece of Night of Navy Cardstock
- Adhere the Night of Navy Cardstock to a piece of Crumb Cake and adhere to the card front.
- Stamp the words in Night of Navy ink on Whisper White and cut out with the label die.
- Adhere the label to the center of the top of the sailboat paper.
- Stamp the anchor in Soft Suede Ink and cut out with the coordinating die and adhere with a mini dimensionals to the lower right-hand corner of the sailboat paper.
- Cut out the rope using the die and Soft Suede Cardstock and adhere to the top of the anchor with a glue dot.
I hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
- Sign up for my monthly E-Newsletter and receive a FREE tutorial monthly.
- Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with my Rewards To DieFor.
- Have it all with the $99 Starter Kit check it out here.
I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card. Click any image below to start shopping!
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code XV9WM3A6