Getting creative with this Out of the Box on this pumpkin card. While the card looks pretty straight forward several things are out of the box.
- The colored pumpkins and stars.
- The Boo!
- The orange and black gingham ribbon.
- The pumpkin.
Out of the box #1 custom designer paper
The background paper starts out as a black and white piece from the Celebrate Everything Designer Series Paper.
Black and white designer paper gives you some great flexibility. For this card I colored the pumpkins using the Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends and the stars with Daffodil Delight.
The BOO! was created using the two stamps from the Best of Butterflies Stamp Set. I stamped “all the LOVE” in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Crushed Curry Cardstock twice. Then I cut out the “O”s. Then I stamped the “you’re my BESTIE!” cutting out the “B” and the “!” to complete the BOO!
I love the Black and White Gingham Ribbon and the ability to customize the color with any of our Stampin’ Blends. Here I colored the ribbon with the Pumpkin Pie Blend.
#3 out of the box Pumpkin
The pumpkin was created using the Double Oval Punch and the 3D Timber Embossing Folder.
simple stamping steps and measurements
- Basic White Thick (cardbase): 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- (tag): 2 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Crushed Curry (mat): 4″ x 5 1/4″
- (BOO!): 2 @ 1″ X 1 1/2″ & 1″ X 2 1/4″
- Pumpkin Pie (paper pumpkin): 1 1/4″ x 6 1/2″
- Soft Suede (stem): scrap
- Celebrate Everything Designer Series Paper (pumpkin): 1 3/4″ x 4 3/4″
- (stripes): 1 3/4″ x 4 3/4″
STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS
- Fold the Basic White Thick Cardstock on the score mark to create card base.
- Glue the Crushed Curry to the cardfront and the striped designer paper to the Crushed Curry about 1/2″ from the right-hand edge.
- Color the pumpkins with the Pumpkin Pie Blends, the stems with Crushed Curry and the stars with Daffodil Delight and glue to the Crushed Curry about 1/2″ from the left-hand edge.
- Cut out the tag using the Tailor Made Tags Dies and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- With Stampin’ Dimensionals adhere the tag to the center of the cardfront.
- Punch three ovals and run them through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine with the 3D Timber Embossing Folder.
- Glue two of the ovals side by side on the bottom of the tag and place the third on on top of those using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut out a stem from the Soft Suede scrap and tuck it under the center oval and glue in place.
- Stamp the “all the LOVE” stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Crushed Curry Cardstock twice. Then I cut out the “O”s.
- Then stamp “you’re my BESTIE!” cutting out the “B” and the “!” to complete the BOO!
- Glue the BOO! above the pumpkin.
- Color the Black & Gingham using the Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends and tie in a bow and adhere to the tag top with Mini Glue Dots.
I hope you found some inspiration here today.
Alison is great at doing a Facebook Lives on our Facebook Group!
Hop over to our Border Buddy Hangout Facebook Group and check it out.
Not a member? Ask to join!
Would Love to have you shop with us!
• Patsy’s Online Store (US customers)
• Alison’s Online Store (Canadian customers)