Today’s Sunday Sketch SS022 is the inspiration for my card. Winter is here and plants outside are fading away. Many people enjoy bringing plants in from outside during the winter and some have houseplants. I have neither. My thumb is definitely not green! Maybe that is why I love this set so much. The plants in this set need and survive well without sunshine and can live on forever.
today’s sunday sketch ss022
Each Sunday I create a card using one of our card sketches and share it with you. Today I changed it up just a little bit. Replacing the ribbon with the sentiment and moving the designer paper to the left just a little bit. I wanted more of the design to show.
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
The macramé hanger on this card was much easier to make than the ones I created in the 70’s. Of course we thought we had discovered something new. However one of the earliest recorded uses of macramé-style knots as decoration appeared in carvings from as far back as 600 BC?
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Card Base Gray Granite: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Soft Succulent Mat: 2 3/4″ x 4 1/2″
- Basic White: (hanger) 1 1/2″ x 4″, (flowerpot) 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, (plant) 2@ 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Cinnamon Cider (words): 3/8″ x 1 3/4″
- Bloom Where You Are Planted (hanging plants pattern): 2 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Bloom Where You Are Planted (marble pattern): 1″ x 5 1/2″
- Score the Gray Granite at 4 1/4″ and fold on the score mark to create card base.
- Glue the designer paper strip to the card front about 1/4″ from the left-hand edge.
- Adhere the hanging plant paper to the Soft Succulent mat.
- Cut out the plant hanger in Basic White using the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine and the coordinating Perfect Plant Die.
- Stamp the flowerpot in Cinnamon Cider Classic Ink on Basic White Cardstock and cut out with coordinating die.
- Stamp on set of leaves in Evening Evergreen and one in Soft Succulent ink on Basic White cardstock and cut out with coordinating dies.
- Trim the outer hanger as shown in image below.
- Glue the pot to the backside of the hanger and the plants to the backside of the pot.
- Pop up the flower pot to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Run some Linen Thread through the hanger hole and wrap to the back side of the mat and adhere with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Adhere the mat to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the words in Evening Evergreen on the Cinnamon Cider Cardstock and adhere to the lower right-hand side of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finish it off with adding an Elegant Faceted Gem to the top of the tassel on the hanger.
I hope you found some inspiration here today.
Alison is great at doing a Facebook Lives on our Facebook Group!
Hop over to our Border Buddy Hangout Facebook Group and check it out.
Not a member? Ask to join!
Would Love to have you shop with us!
• Patsy’s Online Store (US customers)
• Alison’s Online Store (Canadian customers)
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Happy Stamping!
Current Host Code Z6EEEEX2