Each Thursday my Border Buddy Patsy Waggoner from the US and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalogue. CASE means Copy And Selectively Edit. The beautiful projects by the concept artists from Stampin' Up! are a great way to be inspired! When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both.
In my card today I cased a card from the January – June 2021 shown on page 38. I wanted to showcase the beautiful Designer Series Papers from the Sale-a-bration offering. I made two versions of the card, one using the Paper Blooms and the other with Field of Flowers. Both offerings are free with a qualifying order ($50 US/$60 CDN)
Here is the original project (page 38 of the January – June 2021 Mini Catalogue) featuring the Circle Celebration Stamp Set. You may have noticed that on some projects the same layout is shown for a beginner, casual and avid card maker.
Here's my CASE using the Paper Blooms Designer Series Paper along with the sentiment from the Here's a Card Stamp Set from the Annual Catalogue.
Stamping Paper Measurements
- Night of Navy (card base) – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
- Basic White (stamped) – 3/4" x 2 3/4"
- Paper Blooms Designer Series Paper
Layer 1 – 3" x 5 1/4"
Layer 2 – 1" x 5"
Circles – 3" x 3"; 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"; 2" x 2"
- Fold the Night of Navy cardstock in half to create card base.
- Glue the smaller strip of Designer Series Paper to the back of the larger piece on the right side. Glue both pieces to the card front towards the left side.
- Cut out three circles from the Designer Series Paper (three sizes) using the Stitched Shapes Dies and Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Layer the circles to each other and secure in place.
- Add Stampin' Seal to the back of the circles and wrap some twine from the Flowers for Every Season Combo Pack.
- Pop up the circles on the card front with Stampin' Dimensional.
- Stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy ink on the Basic White Strip.
- Pop on the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
I also made the same layout using the Field of Flowers Designer Series Paper.
Each month Patsy and I offer a FREE PDF with instructions for 8 cards. This month we are featuring the Hey Chick and Hey Birthday Chick Bundles. Here's a sneak peek of our cards this month. Want to earn them free – just place an order in our online stores!
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST CODE
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code Z6EEEEX2