Each Sunday Alison Solven (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help to get your creativity fired up. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
My CASE card features the Dandy Garden 6" x 6" Designer Series paper pack and the Garden Wishes Stamp Set. I have a hard time passing up anything with Dandelions. While they do become a "weed" to many I still have fond memories of picking them and giving them to my grandmother. She always acted like I had just brought her a dozen roses. She would place them in a vase and they would stay until they went to seed.
Calypso Coral is one of my favorite Stampin' Up! colors. The Dandy Garden paper has a variety of colors to choose from and they are all so beautiful. You can CLICK HERE to see some cards created with the different colors.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Whisper White (cardbase): 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
- Dandy Garden Paper (background): 4 1/4" x 5 1/4"
- Dandy Garden Paper (strip): 1 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- Crumb Cake: 2 1/2" x 3 5/8"
- Whisper White (dandelion): 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
- Bumblebee: 3/4" x 2 1/2"
- Fold the Whisper White paper in half to create card base.
- Glue the Dandy Garden background paper to the cardfront.
- Glue the Dandy Garden strip to the card front about 1/2" from the bottom.
- Adhere the Terracotta Scallop Linen ribbon to the top of the paper strip.
- Cut out the scallop rectangle in Crumb Cake paper using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Adhere the scallop rectangle to the left-hand side of the card front about 1/2" from the edges.
- Stamp the dandelion in Tuxedo Black ink on Whisper White paper.
- Stamp the flower top in Bumblebee Classic Ink.
- Color the leaves with Mossy Meadow Stampin' Blends.
- Cut out with the coordinating die from the Dandy Wishes Dies and adhere the flower to the left-hand side of the crumb cake with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the words from Garden Wishes set in Tuxedo Black Ink and cut out with the die from Tasteful Labels.
- Stamp a greeting inside in Tuxedo Black Ink.
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code XV9WM3A6