Each Thursday my Border Buddy Alison Solven from Canada and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalog. CASE stands for (Copy And Selectively Edit). We like to show you how you can use the paper crafting projects in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog to inspire you!
When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both. Today I changed he stamp set keeping all the colors the same. I substituted the flowers from the Always in My Heart Stamp Set with the Bloom & Grow Stamp Set flowers. The words are the same on both cards and are part of the Always in My Heart set.
I replaced the Blushing Bride twine from the Snail Mail Combo Pack with 1/4" Crinkle White Seam Binding that I colored with the Blushing Bride Stampin' Write Marker. I love the seam binding as it is so easy to customize in any color you wish by either coloring it with the Stampin' Write Marker, Stampin' Blends or a sponge and classic ink pad. The Stampin' Blends dry almost instantly where the other techniques take a bit longer.
- Crumb Cake: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
- Basic White:
- (word tag) 1 1/2" x 3 1/4"
- (leaves) 2 1/2" x 4 3/4"
- (flowers) 2 1/2" X 4 3/4"
- Vellum Cardstock:
- (tag) 2 1/2" x 4
- (leaves) 2 1/2" x 4 3/4"
- Love You Always Specialty Designer Series Paper: 4" x 5 1/4"
- Fold the Crumb Cake paper in half to create card base.
- Glue the designer paper to the card front.
- Cut out the vellum tag using the Tasteful Label Dies and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Adhere the vellum tag to the card front about 3/4" from the left-hand side.
- Stamp the words in Crumb Cake Classic Ink on the Whisper White and cut out with the die.
- Adhere the word tag to the vellum tag with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the flower & leaf spray on Basic White Cardstock once in Rococo Rose Ink and once in Old Olive Ink.
- Stamp the spray again in Old Olive on the Vellum Cardstock.
- Cut all three sprays out with the coordinating die from the Budding Blooms dies.
- Color the leaves on both the Basic White and the vellum with the Stampin' Blend Old Olive Light.
- Cut the leaf sprigs off the vellum one and adhere randomly below the tags on the card front.
- Adhere the Old Olive spray just below the sentiment with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Sponge Blushing Bride Ink on the Rococo Rose Flowers.
- Cut the leaves off the Rococo Rose spray and adhere the flowers on top of the Old Olive Flowers with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Color the Crinkle Seam Binding with the Stampin' Write Blushing Bride Marker, let dry, tie in a bow and adhere to the lower right-hand corner of the vellum tag with a Mini Glue Dot.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code XV9WM3A6