Each Sunday Alison Solven (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help to get your creativity fired up. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
It may seem early, but my experience is sometimes life gets in the way and I don't want to miss the opportunity to send some Valentine Cards this year.
I created this card for a special friend. I often wonder if it will be an entire year before we are able to see each other in person. I am blessed with good family and friends and I for sure want them to know how much I care, especially this year.
10 Reasons you should absolutely send Valentine Cards in 2021
- In a world of digital messages, we need to re-connect.
- Honor the tradition, remember the cards you received when you were young?
- Sending a physical cards shows you care.
- Reconnect with those you love.
- You're leaving a tangible legacy.
- The spark of joy when a card arrives to your family and friends will be worth the effort.
- A group text on Valentine's Day is not personal.
- Karma, you get more in return.
- Social Media posts are impersonal and not often seen.
- A personalized hand stamped card means so much more than one you bought at the store.
You can create your card exactly like the sketch or change it up a bit. Here I replaced the circle with a heart and the small circle with a bow. Let your imagination run wild!
Simple Stamping Steps & Directions
- Poppy Parade (base): 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
- Poppy Parade (scallop heart): 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
- Whisper White (inside): 3 3/4" x 5"
- Whisper White (heart): 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
- Whisper White (words): 1/2" x 3"
- Flower for Every Season Designer Paper: 3 1/4" x 5 1/2"
- Fold on the score line the Poppy Parade paper to create card base.
- Glue the designer paper to center of the card front.
- Punch out the scallop heart using the Punch Pair Pack.
- Adhere to the card front center about 3/4" from the top.
- Stamp the heart in Poppy Parade ink on Whisper White paper and punch out.
- Adhere the stamped heart to the scallop heart with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the words in Poppy Parade on the Whisper White paper strip and cut a banner end on the right-hand side.
- Glue the strip to the cardfront at the left edge of the designer paper about 1" from the bottom of the card.
- Color the White Crinkle Ribbon with the dark Stampin' Blend Poppy Parade Mini Glue Dot.
- Tie the ribbon in a bow and adhere to the left-hand edge of the strip.
- Adhere the Whisper White paper inside and stamp your sentiment in Poppy Parade.
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code XV9WM3A6