Each Thursday my Border Buddy Patsy Waggoner from the US and I (Alison Solven in Canada) take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalogue. CASE stands for (Copy And Selectively Edit). The beautiful projects by the concept artists from Stampin' Up! are a great way to be inspired!
Today's card features the Prized Peony Suite which is gorgeous. When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both. Today I choose to to change out the stamps and colours and just use the layout of the original card. The original card is from the Beginner Brochure and featured the Simply Citrus All Occasion Card Kit.
The Peony Garden Suite Collection includes:
* Prized Peony Cling Stamp Set (10% off)
* Peony Garden Designer Series Paper
* Square Vellum Doilies
* Elegant Faceted Gems
* Gray Granite 1/4" (6.4 mm) Shimmer Ribbon
* Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder
* Peony Dies (10% off)
This is such a simple layout but so pretty. I love how stamping on the Peony Garden Designer Series Paper has a "linen" look. It's got texture just from the design on the paper.
Stamping Paper Measurements
- Whisper White Thick – 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
- Whisper White – 2 3/4" x 1 1/2"
- Peony Garden Designer Series Paper – 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"; 4 1/2" x 3 1/4"
Simple Stamping Steps
- Fold the Whisper White Thick cardstock in half to create card base.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") to the front of the card.
- Cut out 4" x 2 3/4" rectangle from the DSP (4 1/2" x 3 1/4") using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies.
- Stamp the large peony image in Smoky Slate ink on the rectangle and pop up the piece on the front of the card (approximately 1 /4" from the right open edge) using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of 1/4" Shimmer Ribbon and glue across the bottom of the peony with Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamp the sentiment in Gray Granite ink on the Whisper White and cut out using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies.
- Pop up the sentiment with Stampin' Dimensionals as shown in the picture.
- Add some Elegant Faceted Gems to complete the card.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST CODE
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code XV9WM3A6