Each Thursday my Border Buddy Alison Solven from Canada and I share a card on our blogs that we have CASEd from the catalog. CASE (Copy And Selectively Edit). We like to show you how you can use the paper crafting projects in the Stampin’ Up! Catalogs to inspire you!
Today's card features the Love What You Do stamp set and the new Pretty Peacock papers. The Pretty Peacock is a very rich color and the new Terracotta Tile makes a great accent color. Did you know that you can get a great 6" x 6" paper pack of the newest In Colors?
In the catalog, you will find 5 new In Colors. The Purple Posy is not listed as Stampin' Up! had some issues with this color in the ink pad. They are working on a solution and as soon as they do it will become available. I love that Stampin' Up! believes in quality and will not sell something they feel isn't performing as it should.
When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both. Today everything is the same on both cards except I changed up the base color, designer paper color, and the tag color. Doesn't changing the color even give it a new look?
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Fold a piece of Pretty Peacock Cardstock (4 1/4" x 11") in half to create the card base
- Glue the piece of Designer Paper (3" x 5 1/2") to the center of the card front.
- Emboss the Crumb Cake Cardstock using the Basket Weave Folder and adhere to the center of the card front at a slant.
- Stamp the splash looking stamp in Pool Party Ink several times on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock (2 3/4" x 3 3/4").
- Stamp the small flowers randomly in Pool Party ink.
- Cut the edge of a piece of Terracotta Tile cardstock (1" x 3 3/4") using the long die in the Stitched Be Mine die set. and glue to the backside of the left-hand side of the Whisper White.
- Stamp the stems and leaves in Old Olive ink.
- Adhere to the Whisper White at a slant in the opposite direction of the Crumb Cake with dimensionals.
- Stamp three flowers in Terracotta ink on Whisper White and cut out.
- Adhere the flowers with dimensionals.
- Stamp the words in Pretty Peacock ink on Pool Party cardstock (1 1/8" x 2 1/2") and banner cut the right-hand side.
- Wrap some linen around and adhere to the back of the tag with dimensionals.
- Adhere the tag to the cardfront with dimensionals.
- Tie some linen thread through the embellishment and adhere the embellishment to the card front with glue dots.
complete supply list at the bottom of this post
Hop over to Alison's blog and check out her Just in CASE card.
I hope you found some inspiration here today!
- Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with my Rewards ToDieFor.
- Have it all with the $99 Starter Kit check it out here.
If you are in the USA, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
In Canada order from Alison Solven's Online Store
SUPPLIES USED FOR TODAY'S CARD
Click on any picture to start shopping.
Just in CASE – Love What You Do
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code Z6EEEEX2