Each Sunday I create a card using one of my card sketches. Sketches often help get my creativity fired up. Sketches are open to interpretation. You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
Do you remember learning to ride a bicycle and how scared you were? I don't remember but I do see how apprehensive our grandchildren each are when the training wheels are taken off.
I think of cards sketches much like a training wheel, giving you a bit more secure feeling as you create a card. You have a starting point and all that is left is to choose your stamp set and colors.
For today's Sunday Sketch SS45 card, I choose three of the new Stampin' Up! Colors Mango Melody, Blueberry Bushel, and Gray Granite. The Best Route Designer Series Paper seemed like a great match for the Bike Ride stamp set and was how I decided on the color palette for today.
- Fold a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock (5 1/2" x 8 1/2")in half to create card base.
- Adhere the Gray Granite Designer Paper (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") to the card front with Snail Adhesive.
- Adhere the strip of Blueberry Bushel Designer Paper (2" x 5") to the center of the card front about 1/4" from the bottom.
- Stamp the sentiment "To see far is one thing" from the Lilly Pad Lake stamp set in Granite Gray on the top of a piece of Whisper White cardstock (2 1/4" x 4 1/4").
- Stamp the center of the bike in Blueberry Bushel ink with the wheels overhanging on as shown in the image.
- Stamp the seat and handlebar centers in Mango Melody ink.
- Stamp the pedal centers in Gray Granite.
- Adhere the Whisper White cardstock to the Mango Melody mat (2 1/2" x 4 1/2") and adhere to the card front with glue dots about 1/2" from the left-hand edge.
- Stamp the wheel in Blueberry Bushel on a piece of Whisper White paper and cut out with the coordinating Build a Bike framelit die and Big Shot.
- Color one of the white brads with the Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blend.
- Pierce a hole in the center of the wheel and put your brad through the hole and bend the ends back on the backside.
- Adhere the wheel to the partial front wheel on the card with a dimensional.
- Stamp the sentiment "going there is another thing" in Gray Granite ink on a strip of Whisper White cardstock 2 3/4".
- Cut a banner edge on the right side and adhere to the cardfront with dimensionals tucking the left-hand side under the front wheel.
Stampin' Up! supplies used in today's card
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code XV9WM3A6