Who can resist the Animal Outing stamp set which features a frog, a giraffe, a koala bear, a bird, a kangaroo and a rhino? I hand stamped today’s card using the giraffe and the frog.
The leaves paper from the Share What You Love Designer Series paper made the perfect backdrop. I colored the pearl using the Daffodil Delight Dark Stampin’ Blends. Being able to custom color embellishments to go with your particular cards is such a plus.
Today’s color palette is Stampin’ Up! colors, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Old Olive, Soft Suede and the Basic Black.
Do you enjoy coloring? I sometimes find it very relaxing and give my brain time to rest. Not everyone enjoys coloring so pick your stamp sets accordingly. Solid stamps provide color when you stamp them and outline sets are designed to color the blank space.
You don’t always have to color an outline image, but most often they look best if you do. Imagine this card if I had not colored in the giraffe, tree and frog.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Fold Crumb Cake cardstock (4 1/4″ x 11″) in half to create card base.
- Glue with snail adhesive the Share What You Love Designer Series Paper (DSP) (3″ x 4 1/4″) to the card front about 1/2″ from the top and 1/4″ from the left side.
- Stamp “Great Pair” in Tuxedo Black ink on the Mango Meldoy strip (1/2″ x 4″) on the right-hand side.
- Tie a Linen Thread bow around the left side.
- Glue the strip to the center of the card front using snail.
- Color one of the large pearls with Daffodil Delight Dark Stampin Blends and adhere to the left-hand side of the strip.
- Cut out an oval in Whisper White cardstock using the Big Shot and the Stitched Shapes.
- Stamp your images in Tuxedo Black ink and color with Stampin’ Blends
- Adhere the circle to the center of the DSP with dimensionals.
- Stamp your greeting inside.
All paper crafting supplies used for today’s project are Stampin’ Up!
You can purchase them at My Online Store!
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
In Canada order from Alison Solven’s Online Store
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code XV9WM3A6