Hello Stamping Friends, it is the 3rd Tuesday which means it is Color Your World International Blog Hop. Featuring amazing Top Stampin' Up! demonstrators from around the world sharing their hand stamped using Stampin' Up! paper crafting products.
Today's Color Palette is…
The color palette is our starting point and we are not required to use all of the colors, however I like to challenge myself and work them all in. Sometimes it is not easy to get the right balance of color. Today's palette of Rich Razzleberry, Peekaboo Peach, Pear Pizazz, Sweet Sugar Plum and Pink Pirouette was a bit of a challenge but I am pleased with my finally card.
I chose the Stampin' Up! Watercolor Wishes Stamp Set and the Bold Butterfly Framelits and the Butteflies Thinlits to create today's card. It is always amazing to me how in the beginning I don't think the colors will work together – but they do.
The card was inspired by a swap card that Becky Roberts made (her work is amazing). Swap cards are cards demonstrators make and take to Stampin' Up! events and then swap cards with each other, pretty fun!
I added a little something extra inside, some pop out butterflies.
Here is the list of things I used to make this card.
- The card base is Pink Pirouette Cardstock (5 1/2" x 8 1/2")
- The mat is Rich Razzleberry (3 3/4" x 5" )
- The stamped dots are from the Stampin' Up! Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and stamped in Pear Pizazz Classic Ink.
- The solid butterfly from the Stampin' Up! Watercolor Wings stamp set is stamped in Peekaboo Peach Classic Ink
- The words are stamped with Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink
- The ornate butterfly is cut out or Sweet Sugarplum cardstock using the Big Shot & Stampin' Up! Bold Butterfly Framelit
- The smallerbutterfly is punched out of Rich Razzleberry cardstock using the Stampin' Up! Bitty Butterfly Punch
- I love the Stampin' Up! Metal Rimmed Pearl & a hint Metallic Silver Thread that finished off the butterfly.
The inside row of butterflies are stamped with Peekaboo Peach and Rich Razzleberry Ink and cut out using the Butterflies Thinlits.
So easy to make I just …
- Stamped and cut out 5 butterflies
- Folded the butterflies in half
- Placed a small drop of glue on the tip of each wing and connected the wings together
- And then attached the outside wings to the left and right side of the inside of the card.
So simple but gives the card an extra little WOW.
Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out today's post.
If you don't already and would like to receive my blog posts by email just CLICK HERE to subscribe.
If you get lost you can just click on the links below.
For blogs in another language it is easy to click translation usually found in the sidebar of the blog to switch to English
Need Stamps? If you are in the US, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
In Canada order from Alison Solven's Online Store
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code XV9WM3A6