It's Border Buddy Saturday and it's Alison here this week with a preview of an awesome new product coming in the Occasions Catalogue! it's called Wink of Stella Glitter Brush and it is fabulous. It's a glitter pen that adds sparkle to your stamped images.
Here's how it works:
1. Stamp your image (an outline image works great)
2. Colour in the image using any medium you wish
3. Use the Wink of Stella pen over the top of the coloured parts and you have instant glitter accents! They just shimmer!
4. Voila – easy peasy it's done!
This is a card I made using the new stamp set Birthday Blooms from the Occasions catalogue (launches on January 5!) and I simply stamped the image and embossed in silver, watercoloured it with an Aqua Painter and inks and then went over the petals with the Wink of Stella Glimmer Brush pen. It takes a nice image and just makes it POP right off the page!
I wish I could "show" you how much this glimmers in the light because it is stunning!
Here's another card using the same new stamp set – Birthday Blooms – with the Stained Glass Technique. To make this card you will:
1. Stamp your image on Vellum with Versamark and apply White Embossing Powder. Heat set.
2. Turn the image over and working from the back add colour using Stampin' Write Markers. Use strong colours as they show through the vellum better.
3. Add the shimmer with the Wink of Stella Glimmer Brush pen.
Here's a close up of the flowers and I think I caught the glimmer look better in this example.
Can you see the "sparkle" on the petals? The Wink of Stella Glimmer Brush comes in both Gold and Clear. I used the clear brush in both of today's examples.
So are you excited about the new Occasions Catalogue? Patsy and I mail out copies to our customers but if you aren't on our mailing lists please let us know and we'll mail one to you – US Customers should contact Patsy and Canadian Customers should contact me (Alison Solven).
The exciting catalogue release is for Sale-a-bration which takes place January – March and offers customers free rewards with a purchase of $50 (US) or $60 (Canadian). There are so many adorable stamps and accessories and they are all FREE.
Patsy and I want to wish all of you in cyber stamping land a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We thank you for your business this year and for following our blogs and look forward to sharing our passion for stamping in 2016!